The Contact is the day to day urban commuter for hybrid bikes from Continental. It's also designed as a reliable high-end tourer for serious touring cyclists.
The Contact is safe, long lasting, reliable and fast rolling - the perfect mix for today's demanding bike rider. A uniform centre tread/belt assembly ensures a smooth and speedy ride on the road. Flexible shoulder lugs and fines sipes give assured grip on loose, wet surfaces like gritty corners and tow paths. A tough sidewall enables the tyre to withstand the harsh urban environment and the strong forces of tandem use. The ultra fine polyamide carcass reduces rolling resistance whilst providing a more comfortable ride.
- You can't develop a tyre for globetrotters on the drawing board
- So that is why Tilmann Waldthaler's experience has been put to use in the development of the Travel Contact
- His requirements were obvious:
- A robust carcass with a high carrying capacity and protection against chafing and cuts
- An effective puncture resistance and a tread that makes it possible to explore paths around the world quickly and safely
- Ideal for touring all kinds of routes
- Features a Duraskin protected sidewall and SafetySystem Breaker
- Constructed for 3 plies, totalling 180 TPI
- Weight: 580 grams