ENVE SES 3.4 G2 CLINCHER WHEELSET WITH CERAMIC CHRIS KING R45 HUBS
A highly versatile wheel option, the ENVE SES 3.4 G2 Clincher Wheelset with Ceramic Chris King R45 Hubs has undergone a number of developments since the original 3.4, to improve performance. This is a climbing wheelset that also offers an aerodynamic advantage, making it a great all-rounder for use in all weather conditions.
With a wider rim than it's predecessor; 27.5mm external, 21mm internal, it has been optimised for use with 25mm tyres. Wider tyres are now a popular choice for road cyclists thanks to their increased comfort and traction and reduced rolling resistance. For a further improved ride experience, you can now run a tubeless setup on the 3.4 which, as well as the benefits above, will reduce the risk of punctures meaning more time on your bike and less time at the side of the road.
The rim profile differs between front and rear; the 38mm depth at the front improves stability in crosswinds and a 42mm rear rim depth enhances aerodynamics, reducing drag. ENVE's latest moulded brake track sets new standards for carbon rims, and the increased friction it causes between the track and the brake pad results in 30% less lever force being required for the same braking performance. On top of this, water clears from the surface quickly so braking performance in the wet is almost equal to that when the roads are dry. The advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up, ideal for long descents where heavy braking may be necessary.
To finish off this wheelset, ENVE have included Chris King's road race specific R45 hubs that are lightweight, and use made-in-house ceramic bearings of the highest quality. This combination makes for super fast engagement and smooth, fast rolling.
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 38mm (front) / 42mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 21mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 27.5mm (front and rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 580mm (front) / 573mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub with ceramic bearings
- Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo compatible
- Weight: 674 grams (front) / 802 grams (rear) / 1477 grams (wheelset)
- Rim weight: 432 grams (front) / 439 grams (rear) / 871 grams (wheelset)
- Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately)